Former Georgia congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene launched a furious attack on the White House after Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt declined to rule out the possibility of a military draft as tensions escalate in the ongoing conflict with Iran.
The controversy erupted following a Sunday interview on Fox News’s Sunday Morning Futures, where host Maria Bartiromo pressed Leavitt about growing fears among American families that the conflict could eventually require sending U.S. troops to fight on the ground.
“Mothers out there are worried that we’re going to have a draft, that they’re going to see their sons and daughters get involved in this,” Bartiromo said, noting that the fighting so far has consisted largely of airstrikes.
Leavitt did not close the door on the possibility.
“It has been, and it will continue to be,” she said of the air campaign before adding that President Donald Trump would not remove military options from consideration.
“President Trump wisely does not remove options off of the table,” Leavitt said. “I know a lot of politicians like to do that quickly, but the president as commander-in-chief wants to continue to assess the success of this military operation.”
She emphasized that sending ground troops or implementing a draft is not part of the administration’s current plan but said Trump prefers to keep all options available.
“It’s not part of the current plan right now,” she said, “but the president, again, wisely keeps his options on the table.”
Greene responded almost immediately after the clip circulated online.
Taking to X, formerly Twitter, the outspoken Republican erupted over the idea that a draft had not been categorically ruled out.
“Karoline Leavitt doesn’t rule out a draft,” Greene wrote.
“How about the answer is NO DRAFT AND NO BOOTS ON THE GROUND because we campaigned on NO MORE FOREIGN WARS OR REGIME CHANGE!!! Liars every single one of them! Not my son, over my dead body!!!!!”
The former lawmaker continued her criticism in a series of follow-up posts that targeted several high-profile conservative figures she accused of pushing the United States toward a wider war.
“By the way a bunch of psycho Republicans want to not only draft your sons but your daughters too!!!!!” Greene wrote.
“Send Lindsey Graham, Mark Levin, and Laura Loomer and ALL the murderous blood thirsty maniacs that support this America LAST WAR.”
Greene also warned that Republicans must guarantee that women will never be included in a potential military draft.
“They tried to add women to the draft to selective service multiple times while I was in Congress,” she wrote. “Trump and Republicans need to guarantee that there will be NO DRAFT AND NEVER DRAFT OUR DAUGHTERS.”
The heated exchange comes as the human toll of the conflict continues to mount.
Over the weekend, the bodies of six American service members killed during the fighting were returned to the United States in a solemn ceremony at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware.
President Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump and Vice President JD Vance attended the dignified transfer to honor the fallen troops and offer condolences to their families.
Trump himself has faced criticism for comments he made while addressing the deaths.
In a video posted to Truth Social, the president described the loss of the service members as simply “the way it is,” remarks that drew backlash from some Democratic veterans who accused him of minimizing the sacrifice made by American troops.
Trump, who never served in the military and received multiple draft deferments during the Vietnam War, has often faced scrutiny over his comments about service members.
Meanwhile, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth has also acknowledged that additional American casualties remain possible if the conflict continues to escalate.





